In the world of technology these days, it is so easy to find new technology such as steam iron. As the name suggests, the device can help you with your ironing work (or burden). Unlike the dry iron, the steam iron has a water tank and also a water spray to help you tackle the crease. In the end, you can create a smooth and crease-free ironing result, no matter what fabric you use or how thick they are.
The dry iron was heavy and thick because it was used to press the clothes in order to create a neat result. Today’s iron, however, isn’t always thick and heavy. Instead, they can be quite thin and lightweight. In order to battle the crease, the modern irons are equipped with a water tank so they can produce steam that smoothens out the crease.
It is a good thing that today’s technology has advanced to the point that you can enjoy almost everything you want. And when it comes to the steaming iron, there are limitless options that you can make. If you are buying a steam iron for yourself or your home business, then it’s necessary to get the best steam iron 2022 in the UK market. This is because a steam iron is a kind of appliance, which probably will be used, every day. So buying a good quality iron is a must in this case.
After studying the market and reading reviews written by real people I came across these brands of steam irons which are more popular than others. This small list can be used as a means to reach the decision of the best in the market today. Let’s take a closer look.
1. Philips Azur Steam Iron GC4567/86
This steam iron comes with its anti-scratch SteamGlide soleplate, high consistent steam output and combined with integrated calc-clean. Overall, this steam iron can deliver performance that lasts longer.
- It can remove crease faster, thanks to 2400W of power and Steam output up to 45 g/min.
- Large water tank, 320 ml that can be filled easily
- Built-in cleaning function (Calc-clean) to prevent as well as remove limescale which can maintain the performance always on top
- SteamGlide soleplate has great scratch resistance, it also can glide easily over all fabric types and is easy to clean as well.
- Automatic switch-off
- 3m power cord to make ironing easier
- It is quite easy to use
- easy to glide across fabrics
- Long power cord
- The calc is washable easily in less than 15 seconds so it can deliver great results over time.
- Faster warm-up and provides a powerful performance so your ironing can be done quickly
- Too heavy for some users
- Difficult to see the level of water
2. Morphy Richards Steam Iron 303131
This Morphy Richards Steam Iron comes with a larger tank that can last without having to frequent refill the water so it is an ideal iron for a larger load of ironing.
- Water tank with a capacity of 400ml
- Dual Temperature Control Featuring IntelliTemp features that can be used for all ironable fabrics from Cashmere to Cotton
- The soleplate comes equipped with a Tri-Zone technology, it is more effective for crease removal
- Powerful performance with 3100W and a fast heat-up too
- Self-clean function, make the life of this steam iron last.
- Auto shut-off feature will turn off your iron automatically when not in use
- One Temp technology to reduce the risk of damage to clothes.
- It has a modern design
- Complete instructions make it easy to use
- Dry tank alert
- Water spray button
- Soft-grip handle
- Slightly heavy for the first few times it’s used
3. Russell Hobbs Pearl Glide Steam Iron 23972
With a 50% smoother glide, the Russell Hobbs Pearl Glide Steam Irons pearl can remove the deepest creases with ease. It has a beautiful design and brings a touch of glamour to ironing.
- Water tank with a capacity of 315ml
- Featuring Pearl infused ceramic soleplate, making glide 50 per cent faster smoother in comparison with Russell Hobbs Standard Ceramic
- The soleplate is 2x more durable than Russell Hobbs Standard Ceramic
- designed to be hardwearing and long-lasting as well
- Powerful performance with 2600 W of power. Heats up in seconds for an efficient performance
- Self-clean feature to increase the lifespan of your iron, also it can help to prevent the build-up of limescale
- The variable steam function will make it easy for you to adjust the humidity, direction or even power of the steam flow
- Fast heating time, only takes 30 seconds
- An Anti-drip system ensures your clothes will be protected from water spillages.
- Temperature ready indicator
- The cable is short, 2m power cord
4. Breville VIN401 DiamondXpress Steam Iron
The Breville Diamond Xpress VIN401 has a unique design with a rose gold coloured front and is complemented with a diamond print design and crystals set into the control dial. It is packed with helpful features that allow you to spend less time ironing and you will have more time doing the things you love.
- Steam output: 70g/min and a shot of steam: 200g/min
- The capacity of the water tank: Up to 400ml
- It only takes less than 30 seconds for heating up
- Self-cleaning function
- Extra-long 3 metres of power cord for increased manoeuvrability
- Auto Shut off feature
- You can use it vertically steam, you can steam creases from hanging garments or curtains easily
- Improved heel design makes the iron has greater stability
- Neat cord storage
- It has a lot of steam holes up to 99 holes
- Comfortable soft-grip handle
- The Handle is quite chunky
- Quite heavy when the water tank is full
5. Tower T22008 CeraGlide Steam Iron
This steam iron from Tower can be used in 2 different ways, cord or cordless, Enjoy complete freedom of movement when ironing. Can be used for all fabrics From soft silks to thick wool, meanwhile, the CeraGlide soleplate glides smoothly to remove all wrinkles without much effort needed.
- Cordless Ironing: You can use this steam iron with or without cables at all, for freedom of movement as you iron
- Powerful Crease Removal with an output of up to 2400 W and can heat up in just 30 seconds, remove stubborn creases quickly
- 120 g/minute steam output and 150 g/minute steam shot
- With Anti-drip function, no need to worry about water drip on your clothes
- Anti-calc to avoid stubborn limescale build-up
- Self-cleaning functions which making maintenance less troublesome
- Variable steam function with spray allows you to change the steam settings easily
- Ceramic soleplate for a faster and smoother glide.
- Dual steam mode
- Low maintenance
- The cable isn’t very long
6. Philips GC4526/87 Azur Performer Plus
If you want a steam iron that is able to help you with your laundry load, this one should do the task very efficiently. The design is modern with a lot of handy features, such as:
- The steam is super efficient to deliver neat ironing. It cuts the time for ironing and it is handy to tackle the crease
- The iron is quite light but with powerful performance. It may not be as powerful as the steam generator iron, but it is definitely better than the dry iron
- The iron has its own cleaning feature so it can prevent calc buildup
- The soleplate is smooth and resistant to scratch so it will glide effortlessly
- The water tank is easy to fill with a capacity of 300 ml and has a sideways opening door too.
- Power : 2600W, 240V
- The iron is easy to use
- The performance is amazing. It does press the clothes and fabrics efficiently without breaking a sweat
- The lightweight feature and yet the amazing powerful performance is a combination that everyone likes
- Auto Steam Control, each garment will get the best steam performance
- Calc clean feature
- Large water tank
- A bit heavy compared to other irons in its class
7. Russell Hobbs Powersteam Ultra 3100 W 20630
This is another powerful steam iron with reliable performance and fuss-free implementation. If you use it, there are tons of good features to like, such as:
- The continuous steam production will tackle all of the fabrics very effectively. There is no need to worry about the stubborn crease
- The steam is able to cut your ironing time in a half and you won’t have to pay more for it
- The iron comes with its own built-in cleaning ability so no need to worry about scale or calc buildup.
- The water tank is about 350ml which is quite big
- The soleplate is smooth and scratch-resistant so you should be able to glide smoothly over the fabrics
- With 3100 W of power, this iron can heat-up faster up to 15% faster than previous Russell Hobbs steam iron models
- The iron is well balanced with a unique design that will create a fun ironing time
- You can be sure that the price is worth the performance and quality
- The Auto switch-off function feature adds convenience when using this iron, great for busy households or for those who are often in a rush out.
- Comes with steam control
- Irons at high temperatures runs very well
- Made of high-quality materials
- Decent length power cable
- Some users find this iron to be quite heavy
- The water needs to be refilled quite a lot
8. Russell Hobbs Supreme Steam Traditional Iron 23061, 2400 W
Russell Hobbs is known for its reliable performance and quality name, so you can expect this steam iron to help you with effective work. This iron is also packed with all the good features, such as:
- The iron is able to create continuous steam that will tackle all of the creases efficiently
- The iron can also be used for vertical steaming, which is super effective for big items like bedding or curtains
- The steam will make the ironing time shorter because you don’t have to struggle with so much crease anymore
- This iron comes with a non-stick stainless steel soleplate and paired with 40 g/min continuous steam and a 110 g/min
- Comes with a 300ml water tank that is easy to refill
- The overall performance is quite good – as written on the brochure
- The iron has enough weight that is just right
- The price is worth the performance
- Self-cleaning function
- Soft-touch handle and dial
- Lightweight and easy to use iron
- Perfectly for most clothes and an excellent choice for daily use
- The steam output is limited
9. Breville Press Xpress Steam Iron, 400 ml, 2800 W
Reliable and credible – those are the two terms that are often related to this product. The steam iron comes with a lot of modern technologies and handy features to support the entire functionality and also operation. You will like this device because:
- The soleplate is made from premium ceramic – and it is quite wide – so you can expect a smooth operation where the iron can glide smoothly over the surface of the fabric
- The powerful steam outcome that can handle the crease – so you can create a smooth finish and neat product
- The water tank is quite big (for a steam device) and it is effective enough for the overall ironing operation
- The indicator on the water tank is easily seen
- The handle is soft and ergonomic – it is comfortable to hold and grip
- The on-off feature is easy to control – and there is the automatic shutoff feature
- The cord is pretty long, almost 3 meters, so it is pretty long and convenient
- The iron is pretty light when compared to other steam irons
- The result is smooth and neat fabrics and clothes
- The price is inexpensive
- Good heat output
- Easy use controls
- Large soleplate
- Quite bulky because it is much bigger than a standard iron
10. Morphy Richards 303125 Electronic Steam Iron, 0.4 Litre, 3100 W
If you are looking for a reliable iron, this one would be perfect for you. It comes packed with all the great features:
- It is able to tackle the crease efficiently
- It is great for vertical steam too
- The iron comes with limescale management that will make this device long-lasting
- The Iron comes with a precision temperature controls feature that can match accurately to the garment care label
- Equipped with Turbo Boosted Features to deliver fast ironing results
- The water tank is extra large with a capacity of 400 ml
- The iron produces the steam pretty fast
- The construction is pretty solid and buff
- The performance is reliable and promising
- Auto-Shut Off for a safety feature
- The only downside is that the water tank is black so it isn’t easy to see the marking level
11. Bosch TDA5070GB Steam Iron, 3050 W
This special iron steam will make your ironing time fast and enjoyable. It has been equipped with variable temperatures and various steam settings and can be used for all types of garments. The features of this iron which will make you impressed include ;
- The iron is able to produce powerful and hot steam that will tackle the stubborn crease
- The iron has the so-called Steam System, which is great for steam distribution
- The iron also comes with its own anti-calc technology that will make it last longer
- The ergonomic design makes the user comfortable and convenience
- The cable is nice and long
- The design is quite well and sturdy, with solid construction
- It is able to deliver fast result without any flaw
- The iron is slightly heavier
- The iron tends to leak when it is too full
12. Russell Hobbs 2600 W Steam Iron 21370
This is another great steam iron from Russel Hobbs. Not every steam iron is coming with the needed features and technologies, but this one is different. The iron is coming with 2600W of ability that is able to deliver fast results and efficient operation. The features to like are:
- Fast heating time so you won’t have to wait long to get the laundry done
- Large 300 ml water tank
- The steam can be continuously produced so you don’t have to worry about messy clothes or crease anymore. The combination of hot steam and an efficient spray system is great when you want to create a smooth outcome
- The iron comes with self-cleaning technology so you won’t have to worry about scale or calc buildup
- The iron comes with a nice safety feature, known as the auto turn off. When it is knocked over or it has been idle for a while, the iron will automatically turn itself off.
- The price is pretty affordable
- The iron is able to glide effortlessly and easily
- The operation is quick and easy
- The heating time is short
- Extra-long 3 m cord
- Easy and Light to hold
- Water runs out pretty quickly when using the steam function
13. Tefal FV4040 Ultraglide Steam Iron, 2400 Watt
Are you looking for a reliable iron with steam? Then you have come to the right place! This device is packed with all the advanced and sophisticated technologies, such as:
- The iron has its own automatic feature, so you won’t have to worry about the safety of the clothes or the iron
- The strong steam is powerful enough to tackle difficult creases, and it is produced continuously
- The iron can also be used for vertical steam for bigger items
- It comes with improved safety features, the automatic shut off when it has been idle for quite a while
- It is easy to maintain and clean, especially with the self-cleaning system so you won’t have to worry about constant cleaning
- The iron is pretty lightweight without compromising the performance and quality of ironing
- The cord clip is pretty handy and useful for the entire use
- The iron is effective and the result is obvious
- Vertical steam function
- Some of the parts are made from plastic
14. Braun TexStyle 7 TS745A Steam Iron
It is no wonder if this steam iron is included in the best devices for comfortable ironing, considering that it is great for the job and it is also packed with the needed technologies. The benefits of using the device are:
- The improved performance with steam production that is hot and powerful
- The eloxal soleplate is super helpful to ensure a smooth ironing outcome – even when doing the vertical steaming
- This device is able to cut your ironing time by more than half (50%) because of the many helpful features and technologies
- The iron can handle any fabric and it is powerful too, with a power output of 2400w.
- The price is worth the spending that is compatible enough with the performance
- It is so easy to use and operate – not to mention that it is also easy to maintain
- The Variable steam is up to 50 g/minute, and steam shot up to 200 g/minute. Makes it easy for you to remove creases in curtains or clothes
- Comes with Auto Shut off features
- The iron is quite heavy
- The cable may not be as good as you have expected it
15. Bosch TDA3020GB Power III Steam Iron, 2800 W
This is another great steam Iron for your home use, there are a lot of things to like about this steam iron, such as:
- The soleplate is made from CeraniumGlissee that will glide through the fabric easily and effortlessly
- The design of the iron is making ironing easy, especially when you have to go through the buttons and everything
- It has an LED control light and combined with steam shot volume
- The iron is equipped with a self-cleaning feature, so you won’t have to worry about any deposit buildup
- The iron does have a nice weight – not too heavy and yet not too light either
- The steam is really good and helpful in dealing with the crease
- Ergonomic design
- Long power cord and quick heat up
- The handle is quite short
- It doesn’t have an auto shut-off feature
- Best Steam Generator Irons 2022 UK Review
- Best Travel Irons 2022 UK
- Best Ironing Boards 2022UK Review
Steam Iron Buying Guide
Why should you consult a steam iron buying guide? You probably think that all steam irons are just the same, but they aren’t. In reality, not only does this type of iron come in various different types and variants, but they are also coming in different brands, names, and manufacturers. If you aren’t careful, you may end up buying the wrong machine. And you will lose money along the way.
First Thing to Consider
The first steam iron buying guide is to know the different types of iron. In general, there are 2 types of irons: steam iron and steam generator iron. You probably think that they are the same, but they aren’t. A steam iron has its own built-in water tank where you can use it to generate steam. The main purpose of the device is to iron, but when you have to deal with stubborn creases and wrinkles, then you can ‘activate’ the steam and use it to smooth the fabric. When you no longer need it, you can turn it off and resume regular ironing.
A steam generator, on the other hand, is designed to make A LOT of steam. It has a separate water tank that can accommodate a bigger water capacity. The main purpose is to tackle creases and wrinkles, NOT for regular ironing.
Not to make things even more confusing, you should know that a steam iron is divided into 2 types: the (traditional or corded) steam iron and the cordless steam iron. Can you guess the main difference between the two? Yes, it is within the name: the cord. One is with a cord and one is without a cord. As simple as that.
So, when you are about to choose a steam iron, think of it thoroughly. Do you need a steam iron or a steam generator? Do you want a regular corded iron or the cordless one? If you want a completely perfect machine that can tackle wrinkles effortlessly and without taking a long time, then the cordless steam iron can be a good option. Often deal with materials that can’t come in contact with the hot surface (like the surface of the iron)? Then you need to use a steam generator. You don’t have to run the machine directly with the fabric (making contact with it). Simply run the machine over the fabric, and the hot steam will loosen the wrinkles and creases.
But then again, you need to start thinking about one thing: the price. Among the 3 types, steam irons are the cheapest. After that, the cordless steam iron is set a bit higher, and the most expensive one is the steam generator. The steam generator can guarantee a perfect result and easy operation, but then again, it is the costliest of all.
After you have considered the types of steam to choose, there are still more factors to think about in the steam iron buying guide, including:
- The irons can be quite heavy. The standard weight can be around 1.5 kilograms, and it is typically the weight before the water is added. If you often have to iron for quite a long time, you may want to consider the steam generator. It is generally lighter (only around a kilo). Or you can browse around, find your option for the lighter iron that suits your needs.
- Don’t forget that different kinds of materials would lead to different results. A ceramic plate is the most resistant to damage. It is also the smoothest. Stainless steel is quite good. Non-stick or aluminium is basically the poorest type. Some manufacturers would coat the soleplate to create better scratch protection or gliding outcome.
- Cord length. This should be included when you choose the regular steam iron. You may want to choose the one that can extend up to 3 meters. The standard length, however, is ‘only’ 2 meters. You want to think about the location for the ironing and whether it is easy (or not) to access the plug sockets.
- Steam output. Most irons are coming with this big burst shot that delivers a big but short steam puff. However, you want to choose the continuous (steam) output. The steam output is measured in grams. The higher it is, the more effective it would be. If you don’t want to deal with fuss or difficulty for various types of fabrics, choose at least 35g. More would be great.
- Automatic off. This is a pretty useful safety feature that protects everyone. It is able to cut the power off after it is being idle. The technology is able to detect that the iron has been inactive for some time.
- Water tank capacity. In general, iron steams come with tank capacity ranging from 0.27 litres to 0.4 litres. How big should you choose? Well, it depends on how often you do the ironing, how much is your pile, and how do you like to deal with the tank management (how the opening is, whether you can see the water level or not, the opening size, etc).
Those are the general factors that you should seriously think about when choosing a steam iron. With all the info in the steam iron buying guide, hopefully, you can choose wisely.
In the end, I hope this article is useful to you. And those are some of the candidates for the best iron that you can get from the UK market. This is just a small list of manufacturers that are most popular in the market today. It’s always good to first educate yourself about what these manufactures are offering before you make any final decision. As I have said earlier a steam iron is a kind of appliance which we use almost every day so t is better to first do some research and then go for the best model that fits your budget and style.
So, which of the iron steam described here that you like the most?
And, if you have a question, leave a comment here or contact us and I will answer your question as quickly as I can!
Good luck with your search!