Why do you need the steam generator iron, anyway? Well, if you always deal with tons of laundry piles on a daily basis, you will definitely a high grade of iron to help you deal with the crease. The steam generator iron is relatively faster than the regular steam, mostly because they produce more steam. When they produce more heat, they produce more steam – and more steam is great when dealing with the deep crease. In the end, your ironing time will be shorter and you don’t have to dwell with your laundry piles longer.
So, what are the best steam generator irons 2021 in the UK for the work?? You can find the answer below;
1. Morphy Richards Jet Steam Generator Iron 333020
If you are looking for a durable and high-quality steam generator iron, this one would be perfect for you. The features to like are:
- The iron comes with water spray and also steam that is easily controlled
- The soleplate is made from stainless steel that is durable and reliable
- The water container is big, allowing you to have plenty of ironing time without stopping
- The steam output is strong and hot. You won’t have any difficulty ironing any kinds of materials.
- The overall construction is great. It looks big and heavy, but once you hold it on, it isn’t as heavy as you think. Plus, it is easy to control and manoeuvre
- The iron is able to glide effortlessly and smoothly over the clothes in seconds, dealing with the crease
- The iron is able to deal with the deep crease easily
- A bit heavy
- The water container is made of plastic
2. Tower T22006 Steam Generator Iron
This steam generator iron from Tower is coming with a lot of handy features to like, such as:
- Powerful and yet adjustable steam options. Whether you choose the vertical and continuous steaming options, you can be sure that it will handle your laundry in the most effortless manner
- The soleplate is made from ceramic that will promote easier glide and smoother ironing moment. As the result, you can even enjoy the fun ironing time!
- The water tank is big – even extra large – and it is removable
- The vertical steam is super handy for bigger articles, such as curtains and beddings
- You can easily adjust the temperature control so you don’t have to worry that your clothes will be burned or there won’t be enough heat to fight off the crease
- The cordless feature is one of the coolest things about this iron that everyone loves. It is efficient. It is easy to use. And it is also fast.
- Quick to heat.
- Because of the heat, you don’t have to iron the other side. Simply iron one side and you are good to go.
- Customer support is good, responsive, and professional
- The cable of Iron has nowhere to wrap around.
- The water tank can be quite dark and not easily seen
3. Swan SI11010N Iron with Ceramic Soleplate
Are you looking for a fun but reliable steam generator iron? With the continuous steam production and 2200W ability, this iron is able to deliver efficient ironing, especially with the creases. Other features to like are:
- The water tank is able to accommodate 1.5 litres and it is removable. The big tank will prevent you from having to refill it again and again
- The temperature is adjustable so you can tweak with it easily
- The soleplate is made from ceramic so it won’t stick. Moreover, it is able to produce a smoother ironing process that will create a smooth effect
- The iron comes with a carrying handle for portability and the hose storage for easy keep
- The iron can also be used for vertical steaming, especially for bigger items
- The iron is lightweight. It is solid and sturdy and yet it doesn’t compromise the weight
- The cord can be tucked in neatly to the base when you don’t use it. It won’t get in the way at all
- The overall use is easy and it is so fun to operate
- The steam feature isn’t as good (or powerful) as expected.
- Some users got the flimsy type which feels light and cheap
4. Morphy Richards 333021 Jet Steam
One of the many reasons why people like using this iron is because of the quality construction and also the overall performance. Not to mention that this iron will heat up quite fast. The winning features include:
- The continuous strong steam that will tackle deep crease very easily and smoothly
- Your ironing time will definitely reduce with this iron
- The iron also comes with water spray – when you deal with the deep crease, the combination of water spray and hot steam should be able to solve the problem
- The soleplate comes with strong and quality diamond for the smooth finish and impressive durability
- The iron feels sturdy and solid
- Stainless Steel Soleplate
- Easy to maintain
- It feels good on the grip and it is heavy – definitely heavier than the regular iron – and yet it is lightweight. When you look at it and you hold it, you’d be surprised to know that it is not as heavy as you have expected
- The iron can also be used for vertical steaming
- The anti-scale is confusing
- The filter needs to be replaced once every few months, which can be a hassle
5. Tefal GV8461 Pro Express Autoclean 2200 W
If you take a look at the design of this steam generator iron, you will see a good look product that looks tough and reliable. It is because the device is truly powerful and strong. The features to like about this iron are:
- The iron comes with turbo steam and powerful 6 bar pressure that will smoothen your clothes right way – and you don’t even have to iron the other side
- The iron comes with the auto clean soleplate and anti-scale collector – which will prolong the life of the iron
- The iron has an eco setting – allowing you to conserve energy up to 20%
- The locking system is handy and safe
- The electrical cord has automatic rewind that is super handy to use
- The delivery process is nice and fast
- The overall quality is great – it is simple with ease of use and reliable features
- The iron is sturdy and buff and yet it is lightweight – but not the flimsy type
- The instruction manual is easily followed with simple language
- The iron has its own safety feature so it is perfectly safe and reliable
The Cons :
- You need to find the right configuration that works for your preference
- The price is quite expensive
- It has a large design and of course, you will need a big and sturdy ironing board
6. Philips GC9630/20 Perfect Care Elite
Who hasn’t heard about Philips – a brand that is known for its reliability and good name? If you want to have a powerful steam generator iron, this is your perfect time to do so. The features to like about the steam are:
- It can produce fast ironing time
- The steam is powerful enough to penetrate layers of fabric and layers
- The temperature control is adjustable and easy to tweak
- The steam iron is pretty easy to use and it is quite lightweight
- The glide is nice and smooth – you will definitely experience fun moments when ironing
- The performance is solid and the overall construction is sturdy
- Effective at removing wrinkles in clothing
- Can deliver good strong steam pressure
- The iron can be quite noisy at some points
- Heavy especially after the water tank is filled.
7. Tefal GV9071 Pro Express Care Anti Scale
This is a powerful steam generator iron that comes with all the powerful features and advanced technologies. The features are:
- The scale collector is removable and it is able to protect the device. The feature alone is able to prevent limescale and staining buildup that can deliver fast result
- The smart technology is able to produce a balanced steam and heat combination – and the control feature is easily accessed and controlled
- The steam is powerful and it is able to deliver an outstanding result
- The safety lock improves the safety control of the iron so you won’t have to worry about anything
- The soleplate is impressive, supporting easy glide
- The iron is powerful and reliable
- The iron is able to deliver a clean and fast combination which is solid and impressive
- Most users love the powerful but lightweight outcome
- The price is quite pricey and costly
- Some users experience rusty water leaking
8. Philips GC7805 PerfectCare Compact
From the design, you may see this iron to be quite simple and plain. But wait until you are able to test it out, and you will be impressed by the performance. The features that you will like from this iron are:
- The iron is able to produce continuous and hot steam that can deal with any fabric as well as any surface easily
- It can be used for all kinds of fabrics without you having to tweak the temperature at all. It is because the device has the so-called OptimalTEMP system that can deal with all kinds of fabric without burning them
- The water tank is pretty big and wide, and it is transparent too. With 1.5 litre capacity, you won’t have a difficult time refilling the tank
- The iron is convenient and also compact in design. One of the reasons why it is claimed as one of the best steam generator iron is because of its performance without compromising the easy storage and usage
- The iron is big and bulky and yet it is lightweight and it is easily manoeuvred around
- It is able to produce quite a lot of steam and the soleplate is impressive enough, glide effortlessly to the surface and the fabric
- The startup is simple and fast
- Turns itself off if left on
- The price is a bit expensive
- A little light in weight
9. Beldray BEL0434V2 Surge Pro
As one of the reliable steam generator iron, this device is able to tackle a lot of fabrics and clothes. It is also reliable with tons of handy features, such as:
- The steam is able to deliver cleaning ability and performance, resulting ins crease-free result
- The iron is able to perform vertical cleaning for bigger items, such as the curtain or bedding
- The water container is pretty big with 2L of capacity. Not to mention that it is removable so you can be sure that it will save you a lot of time for refilling and ironing
- The device can be used with temperature control so you can easily adjust it again
- The quality of the iron is super nice and solid
- The performance is reliable and quite impressive
- The iron is easy to use and operate
- The iron is heavier than you may have expected
- There is a possibility that the water container is leaking
10. Tefal SV6040 Fasteo
If you are looking for a device that can deliver outstanding performance, this iron from Tefal will definitely the perfect option. The features to like include:
- Big water tank so you can enjoy your ironing time without having to refill again and again
- 180g/min steam boost for faster ironing
- Only takes 2-minute for heating up so you can ready-to-go in no time
- The fast setup and the fast heating uptime
- The powerful steam ability will make everything crease free
- The easy cleaning and maintenance
- Easy steam cord system for fast storage.
- The iron is efficient and super effective
- The device is lightweight and yet it isn’t flimsy or cheesy
- Reliable if you have a lot of clothes to iron
- Power 2200 watt
- Smart auto-off provides extra safety
- The auto-Off feature will automatically turn off when you leave it unattended.
- The water tank is dark and it isn’t seen without lighting
What is a Steam Generator Iron?
A steam generator iron is an iron that uses a tube to connect it to a water tank which is known as the steam generator. These steam generator iron tanks are built to hold over 30 ounces of water (use tap water) which produces enough steam to last over 1 hour and 30 minutes. As a result, with the steam generator, a steam generator iron typically produces more steam than traditional iron.
Using a steam generator iron will take half the amount of time than it would take to do your ironing with a regular iron. Some tanks will let you refill it when you are ironing with some informing you through a low water indicator if you are beginning to run low on steam.
The tank itself is shaped like an iron rest which can and should be placed on the ironing board itself. The iron is lighter and has enough steam pressure to iron both sides of an item of clothing at once compared to a traditional iron. Its ability to combat creases is one of its best purposes making them an ideal option for all clothing, especially for gowns, suits and covers.
The steam generator iron will ideally come with a thermostat to show ironing temperature as well as a steam shut-off in order to apply it as a dry iron. Finally, the best steam irons will be those that have a continuous steam switch with locking capability since you will not have to hold the steam switch down when ironing.
The main difference between a conventional iron and a steam generator iron is that steam generators contain no water in the body of the iron. Instead, they have a large base unit that acts as both a water reservoir and boiler. This produces much higher quantities of steam than a traditional steam iron and this steam is also at a higher pressure.
The steam is fed to the iron through a hollow tube that connects the base unit to the iron itself. Because the steam is at high pressure, and also because there is a lot more of it, it penetrates deep into the material of the garment being pressed. This makes it easier – and faster – to remove any wrinkles and creases.
Most people who make the switch to a steam generator iron find that they reduce the amount of time that they spend ironing by around about 50%. They also find that the quality of the finished garment is better. So – better finish and less time spent. That’s a result! It’s no wonder that a lot of people say they would never go back to standard steam iron.
Steam generator irons do tend to cost a bit more than conventional irons. However, even if you only value your time at minimum wage pay rates, you will probably look at it as a worthwhile investment. You can usually find pretty good discounts online.
What to consider before buying Steam Generator Iron
It’s worth taking a quick look at the main points to consider when choosing a steam generator iron. That way you’ll know how to spot a bargain when you see one.
One of the most important things to consider when choosing a steam generator iron is the supply of steam. You want plenty of it – and at high pressure.
The output of a steam generator iron is generally quoted in grams of steam per minute (GPM). A value of around about 120 GPM should be more than sufficient for your needs.
Steam pressure is typically quoted in the bar. Here a value in the range of 4.5 to 5.0 bar is desirable and should be sufficient to improve the quality of your garments whilst simultaneously slashing the time spent ironing.
Water Tank And Heater
All of that lovely time saving, garment flattening steam has to come from somewhere – and for a steam generator iron, the source is the base unit which, as previously mentioned, contains both the water tank and the heater.
It makes sense to choose an iron that has a water tank of a size that will allow you to iron for a reasonable length of time without having to stop and fill it up every five minutes. A water tank of between 1.4 and 1.8 litres should be enough for up to three hours of ironing without needing to top up the tank.
The heater should be powerful enough so that you don’t need to wait too long for it to get the water in the reservoir up to operating temperature. Many irons offer a two-minute heat up time these days. A heater of around 2.0 to 2.2 kW should be acceptable to most people.
It’s amazing what clever features the designers at Tefal, Philips, Rowenta etc. think up to make life easier for their customers. Some irons come with a removable water reservoir so that you can take it out and carry it to the sink for filling – which is easier than messing around with jugs of water.
Features such as auto power off, auto power cable rewind, easy carrying handles and protective covers may be of interest to different individuals.
One thing that is probably a good idea for most people is to make sure that you pick an iron that has a long enough connecting hose between the base unit and the iron itself so that you can position the base unit on the floor if you wish. The large majority of people will probably prefer to sit it at the end of the board – but if you have a small board, putting the base unit on the floor is a useful option.
The domestic water supply to most houses is “hard” water. That just means that it has a fairly high mineral content – in particular, calcium and magnesium are usually present in significant quantities. When the water is heated, minerals are liberated and then form a “scale” when they cool and solidify.
This can cause hoses, pipes, heating elements etc. to clog up – and this can lower the operating efficiency of the iron or even reduce its usable lifespan.
Many modern irons incorporate an anti-scale system that traps the scale in a removable container. When this is full, a warning light comes on to signal that it should be removed and flushed out under running water. Alternatively, chemical anti-scale cleaners can be used.
Whichever one you opt for, make sure that there is some easy to use the method of removing the scale from your iron.
How to use a Steam Generator Iron
If you’ve read this far then you probably have a good idea of the key points to watch for when choosing steam generator iron but still unsure about how to use this iron, here’s a quick video summary for you:
In the end, you have the options for a reliable device to help you with the ironing. There are so many different kinds of options for greater usability. They are all great – you only need to choose a particular item from these many reliable products of the steam generator iron.