The Tefal GV8461 Steam Generator should give you great performance and last for many years to come. It is one of the most powerful irons on the market with a whopping 6 bars of pressure and a 260g steam boost. It boasts an attractive design and a wealth of quality features which we have come to expect from Tefal
Main Selling Points
- It has an attractive and stylish design.
- It has been lauded by many of its users due to its ergonomic features.
- The Steam generator is also equipped with the Autoclean soleplate. The autoclean soleplate is scratch resistant and comes with a surefire combination of unparalleled ‘glide-ability’ and long lasting performance.
- Pressure and amount of steam that is produced is almost completely unrivalled by any other iron, with 6 bars of pressure and a 260g steam boost.
- The retractable cord makes storage very convenient.
- The anti-calc collector means that the product remains limescale free for longer than its competitors, therefore making it last longer.
- There is an eco setting which will save you 20% on your electricity consumption
- The large water tank allows you to iron for up to three hours without the need to refill
- Comes with a steam dial which allows you to vary the temperature – very important when it comes to more delicate garments like silk and cotton
- Water filter is reported to be excellent, and a good improvement on the previous model
- The price may be out of many consumers budgets and may be deemed unnecessary for an iron
- There are a few reviews says that the iron can be noisy – you can not use this iron while the baby sleeps!
- Indicator light is not included
- Some reviewers were unhappy it didn’t have the ‘hood’ like other Tefal models Can be noisy when using steam boost
Power: Incredibly powerful with 120g steam output, 260g boost, 6 bars of pressure
Features: Great features but missing lacking in areas where other irons excel
Price: Expensive in relation to other reviewed products reviewed